How to fix failed Litecoin withdrawals to your Trezor
Modified on: Tue, 26 Sep, 2017 at 3:23 PM
Litecoin’s New SegWit (P2SH) Addresses
P2SH stands for “Pay to script hash”. Segregated Witness accounts and multisig accounts use these addresses.
New Addresses in short
- Litecoin changes the format of some of its addresses.
L-addresses are non-P2SH (non-SegWit) addresses and they remain unchanged (Legacy Litecoin accounts).
- All addresses starting with “3” will now begin with “M”. (The entire address changes, not just the prefix.)
- This will not affect your litecoin holdings. 3- and M-addresses are freely convertible. Imagine this as a street being renamed — both names still point to one location.
- TREZOR Wallet only accepts M-addresses as valid P2SH addresses. Please use the converter here to translate between 3- and M-addresses.
- Sending litecoins to your TREZOR? M-address refused? Use a 3-address. Please use the converter here to translate between them.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.